Nov 6, 2018

DIGITAL ART: Digitalizing my artworks


Keeping-up with the virtual world is a must these days. So, I started learning how to use both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, this summer! It was a great decision. No doubt about that. Those kinds of software open an infinite universe of possibilities. I am always discovering a new helpful tool that I can use to create something fresh from scratch or turn a simple image into a complex and a dense content. I knew that is exactly what I need, to plunge head-first into the world of surrrealism that I have always been attracted to! Starting with pop-surrealism came naturally for me and that it is something I am not ashamed of. Actually, I appreciate pop culture and I think it is something worth celebrating, in this absurd world! And I am pleased to share my two following digital popsurrealist artworks with you!

Here is my equation for the first piece that I called "The open-minded strawberry":

"The open-minded strawberry"
GIF (23/10/2018)
=
🎢 The "Strawberry fields forever" song 🎡
+
Imagination πŸ’­
+
My painting of "John Lennon"
Acrylic on canvas (05/05/2016)

John Lennon - Acrylic Painting
+
My "IRAS ghost" drawing
white pastel on black paper (07/12/2016)

IRAS ghost - White Pastel on Black Paper
+
Photoshop CS6
+
Google Animation
+
Caffeine Molecule
Coffee ( Not LSD! 😜 )

The second digital artwork is called "Digital Entertainment".
 As you can tell from the name, it is about cherishing the fascinating aspect of the virtual world! I had a blast doing this one with the help of PS, while studying HTML and CSS. But, the idea stemmed from the want to digitalize a portrait of the glamorous Neo-Burlesque diva "Dita Von Teese", which I made about two years ago! I have always felt like it needed some upgrading! So, once I started taking some screenshots of my work on Notepad++ , things escalated quickly!

Dita Von Teese - Pencil on paper
Dita Von Teese 
Pencil on paper (29/01/2016)

Digital Entertainment - PNG
Digital Entertainment 
PNG (02/11/2018)

"All glory comes from daring to begin!" This is just a start! I hope I will have the time to concretize more ideas that I have in mind, in the days to come. 
Stay tuned! πŸ˜„

No comments:

Post a Comment